Scope of Works:
- Pedestal Foundations
- Pre-cast and In-situ Transformer Slab
- Concrete Cable Trench
- Large Reactor and Separate Workshop Slab
- Control Building Slab with Pit
Key Project Challenges and Danspec Civil Solutions:
- Working to a Tight Schedule Amongst Electrical Contractors, careful methodical planning and prioritisation was undertaken by
Danspec Civil, in consultation with the client
- Difficult Access to Site necessitated our successful pre-logistical planning with external deliveries.
Structural Concrete Elements and Techniques of Construction:
- Pre-cast Blast and Bund Walls (bund walls acted as outer formwork for in-situ slab) for the transformer structure
- Customised Steel Formwork for the pedestal foundation – for superior hold-down bolt accuracy
- Pre-designed PERI System for the control room pit.
- The Reactor Slab had a 5kg/m3 fibre mesh dosage rate, which required careful addition (at the plant) to be able to be pumped
and worked on site.